Nobody ever said it would be easy.....they just said it would be worth it.

Sunday 16 October 2011

A weekend of highs and lows

This weekend has been a roller coaster of emotion and realisation that I NEED to take check and slow-down. Four weeks of excessive partying and late nights do not bode well for recovery. Nothing 'bad' has happened but I know if I continue down this path things will go sour. I seem to behave at times like I'm invincible- studying all day, partying all night, exercising inbetween and eating the bare minimum. Not the greatest combination for someone recovering from an eating disorder.The fact I recognise this is a positive.It means I can address things before they get out of hand. I just need to have a healthy balance. Like they say 'everything in moderation.....'

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you recognize this IS a positive ;)

    It's can be hard to find balance when struggling with an ed. Out of balance and extremes are things that the disorder brings along with it. But like you said - learning to have balance and everything in moderation is the way to be healthy and to find that balance in life and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've totally got this one girl. You can recognise the signs and know you need to slow down. Plus, anymore of this wild lifestyle and you'll make me look more boring than I already am at the moment! <3 Be strong, study and take care of yourself girlie.

    ReplyDelete